Competition in the mobile electronics category was intense — Best Buy, Good Guys, Circuit City, Magnolia… Our challenge back in 1994 was to re-invent the Car Toys brand to differentiate from competitors and efficiently communicate their advantages to consumers.
- Developed a new brand identity. Updated the logo, created a slogan and jingle, developed value propositions and a unique messaging style to ensure their ads stood out from the crowd.
- Developed a comprehensive and integrated marketing strategy, with data-driven messaging and strategic media plan.
- Conducted consistent research to monitor the growth of brand awareness and preference.
- Periodic brand refreshes over the years keep the message exciting and relevant, including brand style guides to keep all customer touch points consistent.
- Evolution of the core brand promises as the rise of online shopping has impacted the balance of key advantages.
From 6 stores in 1994, Car Toys is now the largest in their category in America